- Delhi Police as per Urban Development Ministry suggestion more fit to secure Delhi Metro than CISF in New Delhi
- Reason cited for it: law and order is state subject, for better coordination with locals and integration of security
- At present,129 metro stations being managed by 5000 CISF personnel.
- Delhi police task is to probe crime inside metro and at stations. It reportedly complains of shortage of force
- Delhi Police says it can manage security at 129 metros irrespective of manpower crunch
- CISF has specially trained personnel, special units, dog and bomb disposal teams for securing Metro stations.
- Constitutionality of Delhi Police
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Seventh Schedule of the Consitution