- The Cabinet Prime Minister Hazem El-Beblawi gave his resignation which was accepted by interim President who was appointed by the military after the death of Egypt’s former President.
- The resignation of the Cabinet gives way for the anti-Morsy Defence Minister & Army chief Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, to contest the presidential election.
- The details of the roadmap for transition has been revealed with the Cabinet’s resignation & El-Sisi’s bid for the presidency can be expected now.
- The outgoing defence minister wants election to be held, as it will help increase his popularity & target the abolition of Islamic activists.
- With supression of people continuing unabated, there is little hope for freedom and justice.
- Labourers & doctors are demanding hike in salary & textile workers are striking demanding payment of delayed bonuses.
- Egypt’s civil war