- Bomb blasts shook the sensitive Urumqi in the Xinjiang region killing over 30 and injuring hundreds. This has been the most violent such in the recent history.
- The attack appears to have been carefully planned to cause as much damage as possible. It was carried out by hurling explosives, followed by the explosion of two SUVs laden with explosives.
- This has been linked to the extremist Islamist group that have previously carried out attacks at locals in the region.
- China has promised to punish the terrorists severely and urged the police to step up its security and patrols.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/31-dead-as-blasts-rock-market-in-xinjiang/article6038901.ece
- Xinjiang Violence