| [Download not found] |
NE-ASEAN Business Summit in Imphal
- Organized by the Manipur Department of Commerce and Industries in collaboration with Indian Chamber of Commerce and International Chamber for Service Industry.
Rajasthan clears land title Bill
- First state in India to do so
- Landmark legislation providing statutory backing to land records, effectively guaranteeing land and property ownership.
‘Gudi Padwa’ festival celebrated in Maharashtra
- Basically a harvest festival
- The festival has different names in other regions of the country.
- Known as Ugadi in the state of Andhra Pradesh, Yugadi in Karnataka and Sajibu Nongma Panba Cheiraoba in Manipur.
NRDC signs License Agreement with M/S Nagarjuna Agro Chemicals Pvt. Ltd
- For commercializing licensing the technical know-how for manufacture of Soil Moisture Indicator in the country.
Govt. inaugurates ‘Namma Toilet’ in Delhi
- Centre’s flagship program Swach Bharat Mission, on behalf the mission targets to establish 5 lakh Public Toilets by October 2 2017.
- Toilet module was pre-fabricated in such way that it could be easily installed onsite in short time.
Shani Shingnapur temple allows women inside inner sanctum
- Court said there should be no gender discrimination as far as entering a place of worship is concerned.
- 400-year-old tradition at the temple in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar district has traditionally banned women from entering the shrine’s sacred platform.
Make GM mustard data public: CIC
- Order has been issued on the application of an environment activist who sought information on field trials of GM mustard,
- Biosafety data could not be confidential since it pertained to results of testing of a GMO for public safety assessment.
- GEAC is expected to put out all the biosafety details in public domain after separating confidential information.
Two new energy efficiency schemes launched
- National Energy Efficient Agriculture Pumps Program.
- National Energy Efficient Fan Program.
- Schemes will be implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a joint venture of public sector undertakings (PSUs) under the Ministry of Power.
ISBN Portal launched
- Part of central government’s e-governance initiative for streamlining the process of registration for publishers and authors
- ISBN portal seeks to completely automate the process of seeking application, their examination and allotment of ISBNs.
New health initiatives and Mobile APPS launched
- ANMOL is a tablet-based application that allows ANMs (Auxiliary Nurse Midwife) to enter and update data for beneficiaries of their jurisdiction.
- Will ensure more prompt entry and updation of data as well as improve the data quality
- Application is Aadhaar-enabled and will help in authentication of the records of field workers and beneficiaries.
Global Report on “Diabetes”
- Key Highlights of Global Report on Diabetes:
- Persons with Diabetes
- Middle income countries
- Deaths caused by Diabetes
- Types of diabetes
- Premature deaths
- Impacting economically
- Published by the World Health Organization
Shakespeare’s First Folio discovered on Scottish island
- Found at Mount Stuart House on the Isle of
- Published in 1623
- Findings are considered as rare and about 230 copies of the First Folio are known to exist
- Copy owned by Oxford University sold for £3.5m in 2003.
Business and Economy
World Bank initiated “Climate Action Plan”
- Will help nations to create an additional 30 gigawatts of renewable energy, early warning frameworks and in creating climate smart agriculture investment plans for at least 40 nations.
- World Bank has set the objective for accomplishing this plan by 2020.
- Plan has been made on the sidelines of landmark Paris Climate Agreement in New York
Credit Suisse’s “Emerging Consumers scorecard 2016” topped by India
- Report by Credit Suisse covered 9 countries.
- India has been followed by China and Saudi Arabia in the second position.
- Indian consumers stay more optimistic about their present and future funds and moderately low inflation expectations.
Federal Bank–Phillip Capital tie-up
- joint initiative will be add a significant value to the NRI clientele of the bank,
- Can now avail PIS using the wide global network of Phillip Capital and their experience and expertise in providing consistent and world-class customer service.
NTPC suspends power generation from Farakka
- a declining availability of cooling water from the Farakka feeder canal
- Situation is not likely to improve in the next 10 days.
ITC Limited renewed partnership with Starwood Hotels
- Agreement spanning over 4 decades for the luxury hotels are run under two brands the Luxury Collection and Sheraton brand have one hotel.
- three new hotels will come under the Luxury Collection brand in Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Kolkata will be started
Science and Technology
HP unveils world’s thinnest laptop, business notebook
- Weighing 1 kg and as thin as 10.4 mm and Elite x3 a 5.96 inch touchscreen device
- Third product launched by the company HP Elite Book Folio is the thinnest and lightest business notebook with 4 mm thickness and weighs under 1 kg.
People in News
Vasu to be new TNCA Academy director
- New director of the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) Academy for a period of two years.
- Chairman of the selection panel in the TNCA at the various age-group levels from under-13, to u-19 and u-23.
Nguyen Xuan Phuc as Prime Minister of Vietnam
- Phuh elected with 446 votes out of 490 valid ballots cast by the National Assembly (NA) deputies
GoJavas Appointed Amitabh Coomar As Its New CEO
- Chief operating officer Vijay Ghadge has quit the company to start his own venture.
- One of the fastest growing logistic companies in the e-commerce sector
- was founded in 2011
Merle Haggard, country music’s outsider hero, dies at 79
- One of the most successful singers in the history of country music
- Had recently canceled several concerts, saying he had double pneumonia.
Veteran Journalist and Author Yogendra Bali passes away.
- Bali was a member of the general council of the Lalit Kala Akademi and a member of its committees on Art Education, Publications, the Triennele and International Exhibitions.
- Books authored by him include ‘The Communal Bogey’, Chandra Shekhar: A Political Biography,’ ‘Pawan Chamling: Daring To Be Different,’ and ‘Sri Satguru Ram Singh Ji and Freedom Movement of India’.
Saina sinks to World No. 8 in latest BWF rankings
- India Open Super Series Defeat costs Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth dearly
- Srikanth out of top 10 in BWF ranking
- Swiss Open champion, H S Prannoy slumped three places to World No. 22
- Ajay Jayaram, who also lost in the opening round, was static at World No. 24.
Kansai Nerolac ties up with Gujarat Lions for IPL Season 9
- Gujarat Lions team is owned by mobile handset maker Intex and is being captained by Suresh Raina.
- One of the two new teams this IPL season
- Another one is Pune Supergiants owned by businessman Sanjiv Goenka.