| [Download not found] |
Vijay Rupani as new CM of Gujarat on August 7
- Vijay Rupani is going to assume his office as the new Chief Minister of Gujarat on August 7
- Nithin Patel will assist him as a Deputy CM.
- Vijay Rupaniis an Indian politician from the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly representing Rajkot West.
- Vijay Rupani is the state president of the BJP and was theminister for transport, water supply, labor and employmentin previous CM Anandiben’s cabinet.
- he joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh(RSS) and subsequently joined Jan Sangh in 1971 has been associated with Bharatiya Janta Party since its establishment.
Telangana, AP set to launch campaign against ISIS
- Telangana and Andhra Pradeshis set to launch campaign against ISIS by staging on board Imams of mosques to prevent the attempts of the terror group to lure youths.
- commission is also set to conduct a seminar, awareness on ISIS– Interpreting reality, it is likely to be attended by Imams of nearly 300 mosques from both the states.
- mams will ingest the speeches by security and legal experts and religious scholars on perils of ISISand they will repeat the speeches in the regular Friday prayers.
Gujarat HC quashes 10% quota for economically backward classes
- Gujarat High Court has quashed government’s ordinance to offer 10 % quota for the economicallybackward among upper castes in education and admission.
- court bench said that no quota can be granted on the basis of economic criteria because it is not provided for in the Constitution.
- court also went onto say that the ordinance proposed is against the spirit of the Constitution and fundamental rights reservation which meant to allow to quotas on socially backwards and Scheduled Castes and Tribes.
Odisha opens 100 new multi-purpose calamity shelter units
- 100 multi-purpose shelter houses to the people of Odisha for use during natural calamities like floods and cyclones.
- move by the state government is keeping an eye on the super cyclone in 1999, that devastated the state to the worst crisis.
- Odisha has functioning 526 shelter housesalso this 100 houses will strengthen the capacity. state will have 879 multi-purpose shelter houses by the end of 2016.
- The new shelters are located in Puri, Ganjam, Balasore, Bhadrak and Kendrapara, Malkangiri, Keonjhar, Cuttack, Boudh, Jajpur and various parts of the state.
Goa to implement 7th Pay Commission from Nov 1st
- The arrears from January to October 2016 would be deposited in the employee provident fund (PF) and National Pension System (NPS)
- By implementing the pay commission recommendations Goa will have to pay Rs 272 crore per monthas against Rs 213 crore per month that makes the state to bear the additional burden of Rs 59 crore.
- The state has allocated Rs 1,946 croreduring 2015-16 for the salaries and pensions, which has been hiked to Rs 2,553 crore.
Delhi High Court confirms Lt Governor as the Administrator of Delhi NCR
- Delhi High Court dismissed its set of petitions on the legal brawl with the Centre over control of administrative issues and distribution of power in Delhi to the Lt Governor,
- This is a major prorogue to the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)-led Delhi Government.
- High Court pronounced the verdict on a set of 11 petitions challenging various decisions of the Aam Aadmi Party-led Delhi government and Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung and the interpretation of Article 239A of the Constitution.
- Article 239 AA says that “As from the date of commencement of the Constitution (Sixty-ninth Amendment) Act, 1991 the Union Territory of Delhi shall be called the National Capital Territory) and the administrator thereof appointed under article 239 shall be designated as the Lieutenant Governor”
- numerous moves made by the Delhi government were declared illegal due to the non-consultation of the Delhi governor. Few of them were,
♦ Commissions of inquiry into the CNG fitness scam,
♦ Delhi and District Cricket Association illegalities,
♦ Policy directions to electricity regulatory commission for compensation to people for disruption in power supply.
- Arvind Kejriwal-led government had alleged that they are unable to function as most of its decisions are either annulled or changed by the Centre at the behest of the Lieutenant Governor
- it is expected that the Kejriwal led Delhi Government will approach the Supreme Courtfor the final jurisdiction.
Esigndesk to assist all the people to represent and utilize the electronic signing feature linked with their Aadhar card
- start-up in the online legal documentation business, LegalDesk announced the launch of an electronic signing feature called eSignDesk
- a platform takes digital signatures to the masses beyond companies and corporates.
- All Aadhaar holders can now sign documents remotely as a legal documentation startup has launched an electronic signing feature, taking digital signatures outside the domain of only companies.
- e-signing feature saves both time and money, while providing security as nobody can forge this signature. It also ensures that the content of the document cannot be tampered with.
- Users need to have a registered mobile number associated with the Aadhaar card. The service will be available through the website eSignDesk.comand will be offered free of charge to the first 1,000 users.
- Documents signed electronically using it will be legally valid in the country.
- com is built on the Aadhaar platform and this eSign is an initiative of the Indian government aimed at allowing all citizens with Aadhaar to remotely sign any document.
Operation Viswas follows Milan in order to curb the sexual assault cases in the state
- UP Police launched ‘Operation Vishwas’ in Lucknow following a slew of rape cases, including the horrific Bulandshahr gangrape, on 5 August.
- month-long operation will run in
Lucknow, Hardoi, Lahimpur Kheri, Rarbareli,Sitapur, Unnao, Faizabad, Sultanpur, Ambedkarnagar and Amethi.
- the previous operation named Operation Milan really worked out well, under which police rescued over 400 abducted youths and minors, including girls, and re-united them with their families.
- almost 1,200 people accused of sexual offenses and the proceedings for imposing the Goonda Act on them will be ensured during the operation.
India International Footwear Fair flagged off on August 5
- The quantum of business generated from the fair was Rs1,200 crore.
- business to the tune of Rs 2,000 crore to be generated this year.
- 160 Indian companies and 103 overseas firms from Brazil, China, Iran and Taiwan are participating in the fair this year
- the present demand in India is 3 billion pairs a yearand it is estimated India will need 5 billion pairs of shoes in 2020.
- Apart from unveiling the export potential of India in footwear and leather industry, the event aims to project India as an ideal investment destination.
- Theme Pavilion will comprise of the ‘Selfie Stations’ which focus on the national campaigns of the Government of India and also includes Make in India, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Digital India, Skill India, Standup India, Smart Cities, StartUp India and Umang(Unified Mobile App for New-age Governance).