| [Download not found] |
High-Speed Spanish Talgo Train initiated in India
- Train Route:Between Bareilly and Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh
- Motive:Innovative Plan of increasing the speed of the trains.
- Spanish train Talgoput to the test in India for the first time.
Narayanasamy stakes claim to form government in Puducherry
- Congress – DMKalliance has 17 members in the 30 member Territorial Assembly.
- PCC President Namassivayam will accompany Narayanasamy.
- He served as Rajya Sabha MP and was member of Lok Sabha from Puducherryconstituency from 2009 to 2014.
Second submarine assembly workshop in Mazgaon
- Built at a cost of 153 crore rupees.
- MDL is constructing six Scorpene class of submarines for the Indian Navy, with around 35% of indigenization.
- Workshop is a pre-engineered building structure to handle construction of multiple submarines simultaneously.
- Workshop has features like rain water harvesting, sewage treatment plan, grey water treatment plant, oily water separator plant for treatment of sewage, grey water and oily water in turn, with zero discharge into the municipal drains.
Sea ice cover around Antarctica is rising
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration carried out a study that has found that sea ice cover in the surrounding vicinity of Antarcticahas been increasing slightly
- findings was entered on data collected from satellite radar, ocean depth, temperature at sea surface and also consisted land form to study.
- These geological factors are inducing ocean currentsand winds to drive the formation and evolution of sea ice cover and making to sustain it.
Bihar Govt, UNICEF and MDM Join Hand to Curb Malnourishment
- an agreement to curb malnourishment among women and children in the state.
- Agriculture Nutrition Cell would be set up in the Rajendra Agriculture University in Pusa Bihar.
- nutritional quality assessment of food would help quality of food served to students in 7,000schools of Bihar.
Business and Economy
Indian Economy May See 7.8% Growth In FY17
- Indian economy is expected a growth of 7.8 per centin the current fiscal year due to improvement in agriculture and private consumption.
- Credit Suisse expected that growth to improve to8% in current fiscal from 7.5%
Modi’s mother given Nari Jagran Samman 2016 award
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s mother Heeraben was presented with the Nari Jagran Samman –2016 award
- Somabhaiwho is the elder brother of Modi received the award on behalf of his mother as she has difficulty in travelling.
People in News
Vice Admiral Girish Luthra Takes Over Western Naval Command
- Girish Luthra assumed office ofMumbai based Western Naval Command as Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief
- He took over from Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba at a ceremonial parade held at INS Shikra.
Madhavan becomes goodwill ambassador for LEPRA India
- Telangana based non-government organisationLEPRA India is working in the fields of leprosy, tuberculosis, malaria, HIV or AIDS and community health.
Ashok Leyland re-appoints Vinod K Dasari as Managing Director
- second largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles maker came to this decision as the Board of Directors has approved the re-appointment of Dasari as Managing Director
- The appointment will be effective for 5 years with the effective from April 1 this year.
Actor Suresh Chatwal passes away
- actor was known for his popular show FIR on Television who also played many roles in films
- He started his acting career in the year 1969 with Rakhi Rakhi and was seen in films like Karan Arjun, Koyla and Munna Bhai MBBS.
- He passed away after prolonged illness.
Sunrisers Beat RCB To Win IPL Trophy
- Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by eight runs to win their maiden Vivo-Indian Premier League title
- Australian All-rounder Ben Cuttingwas adjudged as the Player of the match for his all-round display in the high octane game taking 2/35 in the limited four overs.
Hamilton wins Monaco Grand Prix
- Hamilton’s first win this year cut his deficit to Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg, who finished seventh, to 24 points.
|Lewis Hamilton||Mercedes||United Kingdom||1|
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull||Australia||2|
|Sergio Perez||Force India||Mexico||3|