| [Download not found] |
Policy guidelines for Online Central Government advertisements
- Information & Broadcasting Ministrydecided to frame Policy guidelines and criteria for Central Government advertisements on websites.
- Websites are owned and operated by companies that are incorporated in India
- Websites are owned by foreign companiesbe empanelled if such companies have branch office are registered and operating in India for minimum one year.
Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘ARUSH’ Commissioned
- move will strengthen the side as well as to face the emerging security challenges in the maritime domain.
- will be based at Porbandar under the administrative and operational control of North West Coast Guard Region.
booklet on defence production works in 2 yrs
- booklet that underlining the efforts made by of Defence Production in the last two
- booklet is drawing together all achievements in the field of indigenous production of weapon systemsand policy initiatives undertaken in last couple of years
- 119 industrial licenses have been issued it reveals.
- also talks about a relaxation in FDI Policy and liberalizing licensing policy and streamlining defence offset guidelines.
- also reveals that all naval ships and submarines on order are being constructed in Indian shipyards.
Rs 4241 cr NIMZ in Odisha
- NIMZ would be the third Investment and Manufacturing Zone of Indiainvolving a massive area of 163 sq. km.
- first phase of the project will be completed by 2020 with initial investment of Rs 3,816 crore
- NIMZ project would create employment opportunities forover 1.5 lakh people.
- initiative will boost the prospect of Paradip Port, road, air and rail connectivity in the state.
Rs 5500 Cr investment to improve infrastructure in six states.
|S.No||State||Approved Amount||Central Assistance||No of Cities|
|1||Madhya Pradesh||Rs 2,074 crore||Rs 862.80 crore||34 cities|
|2||Gujarat||Rs 1,401 crore||Rs 599.18 crore||31 cities|
|3||Rajasthan||Rs 1,120 crore||Rs 536 crore||29 cities|
|4||Odisha||Rs 531 crore||265 crore||9 cities|
|5||Jharkhand||Rs.381 crore||Rs 164 crore||7 cities|
|6||Meghalaya (Shillong)||Rs 26.67 crore||Rs 24 crore||1 city|
- funds will used for providing household water taps, improving water supply, sewerage networks/sewage management, storm water drains, urban transport and provision of open and green spaces.
Rs 6000 crore for welfare of people in mining areas
- state governments to complete the auction process of mines so that additional revenue and employment could be generated in Jaipur.
- states to establish District Mineral Foundation as early as possible. The sector contributes 2.4 per centin GDP of India.
Special Webpage on two years of NDA Government
- page is hyper-linked on the main page of PIB under the icon Transforming India and Desh Badal Raha Hai.
- an information source for the Media on the initiatives and achievements in the last two yearsof the NDA Government at the Centre chronologically.
Committee for Evolution of a National Education Policy submits report
- report containing its recommendations to the Ministry of HRD which had undertaken a consultation process for framing a New Education Policy
- process included online, grassroots and national-level thematic deliberations on 33 themes.
- committee has carried out a large body of outcome documents, recommendations and suggestions received and also had several meetings with various stakeholders.
- Thematic consultations were carried out by the ministry and also by institutions like UGC, AICTE, NCTE, NCERTand several universities and autonomous institutions.
Sea ice cover around Antarctica is rising
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration carried out a study that has found that sea ice cover in the surrounding vicinity of Antarcticahas been increasing slightly
- findings was entered on data collected from satellite radar, ocean depth, temperature at sea surface and also consisted land form to study.
- These geological factors are inducing ocean currentsand winds to drive the formation and evolution of sea ice cover and making to sustain it.
Bihar Govt, UNICEF and MDM Join Hand to Curb Malnourishment
- an agreement to curb malnourishment among women and children in the state.
- Agriculture Nutrition Cell would be set up in the Rajendra Agriculture University in Pusa Bihar.
- nutritional quality assessment of food would help quality of food served to students in 7,000schools of Bihar.
Business and Economy
HDFC among world’s top 10 Consumers Financial Services Firms
- 7thamong the world’s ten biggest and most powerful companies in the consumer financial services sector.
- Topped by Global major American Express
- Only Indian Company in Top Ten in the Category.
takeover of Hindustan Steel Works Construction Ltd by NBCC
- approval for financial restructuring of Hindustan Steel Works Construction Limited
- Fee worth Rs.1502.2 crore will be converted into equity and equity capital.
- After settling the losses paid up capital of HSCL will become Rs. 34.3 crore.
- NBCC will infuse funds of 35.7 crorewith that capital of HSCL will become Rs.70 crore.
Science and Technology
Google wins Java copyright case versus Oracle
- software major Oracle had claimed Google had infringed its copyright by using 11,500 lines of Java code in its Android operating
- six-year court case in which Oracle sought $9 billion
- Court has ruled Google’s use of 37 Java-application programming interfaces was fair in usage.
- He received a $ 50,000 college scholarshipand a lifetime membership in the National Geographic Society.
Sunil Bharti Mittal receives Harvard Alumni award
- Bharti Enterprisesfounder and Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal has awarded with Harvard Business School Alumni Achievement Award for this year.
- Mittal has served on the Harvard Business Scholl Board as a Dean’s Advisor since 2010
Arunachal tiger reserve bags biodiversity award
- Pakke Tiger Reserve of Arunachal Pradeshhas awarded with the ‘India Biodiversity Award 2016‘
- Horn bill Nest Adoption Programme of the Pakke Tiger Reserve was awarded the prize
- joint initiative of the Environment, Forest and Climate Change Ministry National Biodiversity Authority and United Nations
People in News
Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as the Chief Minister of West Bengal
- Mamata Banerjeesworn in as the chief minister of West Bengal for the second consecutive time along with 42-member ministry.
- was administered oath of office and secrecy by state Governor Keshri Nath Tripathi.
Guinea Bissau President names Baciro Dja as Prime Minister
- appointment made political jnrest in the country as sparking protests from political opponents who said the appointment was
- Baciro Dja succeeds Carlos Correia, who was sacked earlier this month in a move that threatened to deepen political turmoil in the country.
- he had been named prime minister once in 2015, but was forced to resign after his appointment was declared unconstitutional.
Sanjay Bangar appointed as India’s head coach for Zimbabwe tour
- former India all-rounder will be Head coach for the tour to Zimbabwe, which comprising 3 One-Day International matches and 3 T20 International matchesto be played in Harare.
- He had coached India A. He also working Kings XI Punjab as a head coach since 2014.
- current batting coach of Indian cricket team.
Veteran Communist leader KC Mathew died
- He is the prime accused in the attack on the Edappally policestation back in 1950 that made a witch-hunt of the communists by the police.
- was drawn to the communist ideals right from the college days and he was also a Freedom fighter.
Marathi literary critic R G Jadhav passes away
- Marathi literary critic R G Jadhavhas died following prolonged illness at his residence in Gujarat. He was 83.
- he served as a professor of Marathi literature in various colleges, including one in Amravati, Elphinstone College in Mumbai.
- headed over Marathi Sahitya Sammelan heldin 2004 and worked as chief editor of Marathi Vishwakosha between 2000 and 2002.
- wrote more than 45 books, including Anandacha Doh and Nilee Pahat and Bapu which is a collection of 91 reflective poemson Mahatma Gandhi.