| [Download not found] |
Arogya Fair begins in Goa
- Fair is launched as a cooperative effort by AYUSH ministry and Confederation of Indian Industry
- To popularize the Indian Medicinal system and update the industry with recent developments in the sector
India to become 100% e-vehicle nation by 2030
- Electricity operated cars at zero down payment to make India as a 100% e-vehicle nation by 2030
- Increasing emissions across the world have forced all the nations to move towards renewable energies and adopt measures to bring down the pollution.
Fourth unit of NTPC-Bihar govt owned 195-Mw plant synchronized
- Plant is owned by Kanti Bijlee Utpadan Nigam Ltd
- A joint venture between NTPC and Bihar State Power Generation Company Ltd,
- The two Companies have 57% and 35.43% shares, respectively.
- Bihar will get 261 Mw (67%) of the total power from the two units of 195Mw plants
MP to have get first ITBP center
- First Indo Tibetan Border Police weapon training centre at Batiagarh, Damoh.
- Established at 1800 acres between Batiagarh and Fatehgarh at a cost of 2100 crores
- Similar training centre is already operational in Allahabad
Election Commission clears PM’s ‘Mann Ki Baat’ on Sunday
- Approval for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s radio broadcast “Mann Ki Baat”, with a condition that his address to the public should not violate the Model Code of Conduct
China, India leading investors in Renewable energy: UN report
- India & China have overtaken the developed economies in terms of investment in Renewable energy.
- Increase in investment by the developing countries compared to the developed nations
India to appeal against WTO verdict in solar case
- Stipulation that solar cells and solar modules be locally sourced as part of the National Solar Mission
- US government filed a case in WTO against India demanding equal market for domestic as well as foreign traders
- Measure was taken by the ministry of power following the concerns raised by the domestic traders to protect their interests
Beijing allows remarried couples to have more children
- New family planning rule allowing remarried couples to have more children
- 128 maternity leaves for mothers (30 days longer than the previous allowance.) and 15-day holiday for fathers.
Business and Economy
Revised RBI rules for rehab of MSME’s
- Biggest problem faced by the Indian banking sector in the recent days is the piling up of bad loans.
- FICCI has commented on RBI’s move calling it to be a rehabilitation measure for MSME’s
- Measures include formation of special mention account and committee at the district level to manage stressed accounts
RuPay to launch Credit Cards in September
- Initial focus to be on two variants – regular and platinum
- 241 million RuPay cards in circulation
- Comprises 35% of the total card base in India and accounting to 20% of all card-based transactions.
Yokohama Rubber Co to buy Alliance Tire Group
- Alliance Tire Group is a Netherlands-based company led by Indian entrepreneur Yogesh Mahansaria.
- Cost of acquisition will be $1.2 billion from private equity firm KKR & Co. Ltd.
- Yokohama Group will acquire the 90% stake held by KKR and 10% of the Mahansaria family.
ITC acquires TechnicoAgri Sciences Ltd
- Technico Agri Sciences Limited was a wholly owned subsidiary of Technico Pty Limited
- Technico Pty Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of ITC Limited.
- The acquisition cost was 121 crore.
Science and Technology
Malaysia to launch counter-messaging center to fight IS on the Internet
- Malaysia will set up its first counter-messaging center in a bid to curb the influence of the Islamic State in the internet
China launches first cyber-security organization
- Organization aimed at better safeguarding national cyber security and guiding internet companies in perform their duties.
- Cyber Security Organization will focus on promoting self-discipline in the industry, accelerating the establishment of industry standards and cyber security studies and participating in international cooperation.
China discovers New Lightweight, low cost batteries
- New aluminum-graphite dual-ion battery (AGDIB) has low weight, volume and manufacturing cost
- Higher energy density compared to the Lithium ion batteries used in smart phones
- Will find wide applications in portable electronic devices, electric vehicles, and renewable energy systems
Karnataka develops mobile app to monitor rural employment scheme
- The App, titled ‘MGNREGA M-platform,’ helps officials monitor the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
- Allows the beneficiaries to monitor progress at every stage.
- Has been devised to increase transparency, reduce fund diversion and interference by middlemen.
- Used to ensure automatic payment of wages to laborers by transferring data to the central server.
Highest point on Saturn’s largest moon Titan identified
- Titan’s highest peak is 10, 948 feet high. It is found within a trio of mountainous ridges called the Mithrim Montes.
- Cassini–Huygens is an unmanned spacecraft sent to the planet Saturn.
- Cassini is the fourth space probe to visit Saturn and the first to enter orbit.
- The spacecraft was launched on October 15, 1997
Environment & Ecology
Union Government notified E-Waste Management Rules, 2016
- New rules focus on phasing out of non-recyclable multi layered plastic and increasing reuse of plastic waste
- Minimum thickness of plastic carry bags increased from 40 microns to 50 microns.
People in News
Former Malaysian PM Badawi named new Petronas adviser
- Will be replacing country’s longest serving prime minister Mahathir Mohamad who has been expelled from the post two weeks ago.
Tata Steel Europe CEO to quit
- Karl Koehler, chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD) of Tata Steel Europe is stepping down to take up a senior leadership positions
- Hans Fischer, currently chief technical officer of Tata Steel Europe, will be appointed as the new CEO.
- Imports of cheap Chinese steel, overcapacity in the market and high energy costs have put huge pressure on steel businesses through Europe
- Industries in the UK have been hit the hardest
Actor Peter brown dies
- He had been ailing from Parkinson’s disease for years.
- He did starring roles in two television westerns in the 1950s and 1960s
- His popular films include “Darby’s Rangers,” “Merrill’s Marauders,” “Summer Magic,” “Ride the Wild Surf” and “Foxy Brown.”
Former BJP MP Lal Muni Chaubey dies
- He has been selected as the MP from Buxar district during 1996-2009 four times
- He had also been the MLA from Kaimur constituency thrice
- Passed away at the age of 73 owing to prolonged illness.