Integrated Criminal Justice System (ICJS) to be 1st launched in AP and TELEGANA
- part of setting up a new milestone in the judicial system of India,
- Justice Lokur is also inaugurating the first e-court (paperless court)in the High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
GOI releases 100 crore as its contribution for Atal Pension Yojana
- additional contribution is offered to those who enrolled before march 31,2016 as 50% of the user contribution with a cap value of Rs.1000.
- APY is focused on all citizens in the unorganized sector.
- scheme is administered by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)through NPS architecture.
- scheme is implemented through the APY Service Providers comprising of Public Sector Banks, Private Sector Banks, Regional Rural Banks, Cooperative Banks and Department of Post both in urban and rural areas across the country.
- APY scheme has around 30 lakhenrolled users with 5000 users joining every day.
UTTAR PRADESH inks pact with NETHERLANDS to foster Farmer Welfare
- Memorandum of Understanding with Netherland in order to set up a new Skill Development Centre for Famers of UP.
- MoU ensures procedure about how modern techniques can be also used for better productionof sugarcane, potato, dairy development and flowers apart from getting information of food processing.
- Netherland is going to help out UP in several sectors such as solid waste management, urban development and infrastructure and water management, water supply, cleanliness of water resources, sewage treatment, transport management and revival of water bodies.
- MoU will be effective for 3 yearsand would also help in land reclamation of 1,500 acres in the Ganga basin in Kanpur and development of cultural heritage.
Railways to set up SOLAR PANELS on all Railway Building across India
- focus to curb greenhouse emissionsCentral Railway Ministry adopted the idea ofinstalling solar panels in all railway buildings across India.
- central railway ministry also planned to produce solar energy from waste materials that would reduce the expenditure of the Railways on electricity,
- foundation stone of one Megawatt solar power plant at the Amritsar Railway Station.This station is aimed at producing 14 lakh unit of power per year and set up at a cost of Rs. 8 crores.
Three new Indian Historical Sites enters the World Heritage Site Listings
- Khangchendzonga National Park (KNP), Sikkim
- Nalanda Mahavihara (Nalanda University) Bihar
- The Capitol Complex, Chandigarh.
Turkish musician Kudsi Ergüner named UNESCO Artist for Peace
- Kudsi Erguner, as an Artist for Peace in recognition of his efforts to promote the universal values of music, his contribution to the protection of musical heritage.
- appointment comes in a ceremony was held at the Congress Center in the Turkish capital, Istanbul, of the 40th session of the World Heritage Committee.
- Ergner was born in Turkey in 1952 who is a musician, player of the ney (reed flute), composer, musicologist, teacher, author and translator.
UNESCO lists Swiss-French architect Le Corbusier’s works among World Heritage Sites
- His works include the Indian city of Chandigarh which he planned in the 1950s.
- Decision was announced as the World Heritage Committee meeting in Istanbul.
- chosen creations of Le Corbusier show his contributions to the Modern Movement that emerged after World War I with an emphasis on functionality, bold lines and materials such as concrete, iron and glass.
Bangladesh government approves easier extradition with India
- Bangladesh Cabinet has approved India’s proposal to simplify the extradition processon July 18.
- extradition treaty between Bangladesh and India took effect on October 23, 2013.
- approval follows by a proposed amendment to an existing extradition treatywith India, thereby alleviating legal formalities to repatriate wanted criminals in their respective countries.
- extradition of the convicted and under-trialcriminals will be possible. India and Bangladesh can now extradite criminals for trial if either country issued a warrant for their arrest
- Treaty allows extradition after verifying the evidence found against the accused.
- new amendment will remove the verification process and in turn speed up extradition
ASEM 11 Concludes with the adoption of Ulaanbaatar Declaration
- Asia Europe meeting (ASEM) Summit in its 11thsession signed the Ulaanbaatar Declaration on July 16 at Mongolia.
- declaration fosters fraternitythrough informal political forum and promotes initiatives in economic and socio-cultural fields.
- declaration aims to focus on fight against terrorism and greater connectivity among the Asia and Europe.
- vice president Mr. Mohammed Hamid Ansari participated in this summit representing India.
Business and Economy
IndiaFirst Life Insurance partners Nainital Bank
- for distribution of its products and also to provide life insurance solutions to the customers of the bank and enhance our distribution footprint in northern India.
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance is a joint venture between Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank andLegal and General (UK).
DABUR India acquires South African Cosmetic Giant
- Dabur International has acquired South Africa-based manufacturing and trading cosmetic company Discaria Trading Ltd on July 14.
- By acquiring 100% stakesof this south African cosmetic company, this becomes thefully owned subsidiary of India based Dabur company.
- Dabur have manufacturing points in Nigeria and Egypt to serve the needs of the North and East African countries.
- With this acquisition of South African company, now Dabur is entering the highly formulistic South African market.
- Dabur is going to set up a Greenfield manufacturing plant in South Africaand is going to produce hair and skin care products to sell in the South African markets.
People in News
Rudra Gaurav Shresth concurrently accredited as the High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Swaziland
- IFS officer Rudra Gaurav Shresthpresently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Mozambique has been concurrently accredited as the High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Swaziland
- IFS officer of 1999 batch also the current High Commissioner of India to Mozambique.
BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu resigns from Rajya Sabha
- Navjot Singh Sidhuresigned from the Upper House at a time speculations were rife that he might join the AAP party.
- He was nominated to the Rajya Sabha in April this year.
- Sidhu’s wife Navjot Kaur, who is a lawmaker in Punjab, is also set to resign.
Science and Technology
SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket propels cargo to International Space Station, lands successfully
- SpaceX rocket blasted off from Florida to direct a cargo ship to the International Space Station
- then returned around and landed itself at the launch site.
- SpaceX developed the 23-story-tall Falcon 9 rocket, lifted off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
- on board cargo weighing over 2,300 kilograms includes an international docking adaptor that will function as a parking spot for commercial space taxis in future.
Shah scales to No.1 spot in ICC Test rankings
- Pakistani Wrist spinner Yasir Shahhas reached the number spot in the MRF ICC Test rankings
- first Pakistani bowler to do so since Mushtaq Ahmed achieved the feat two decades back.
- Shah achieved this feat after bowling Pakistan to a 75-run victoryover England in the first Test at Lord’s.
- Shah also bagged the player of the match award in his first Test outside Asia and now leads Indian Spinner Ashwin by seven points and Anderson by 10 points.
Dipika Pallikal Karthik, Saurav Ghosal clinches 73rd Senior National Squash Championship
- Nineteenth seed Dipika Pallikal Karthikdethroned defending champion Joshna Chinappa to regain the women’s title in the 73rd Senior National Squash Championship
- In the men’s event was seized by title holder and top seed Saurav Ghosal, who created history by winning it for the 11th time, defeating fourth seed Harinderpal Singh Sandh
Bopanna beats Hong Chung to win 10th Davis Cup singles
- Tennis Star Rohan Bopannadefeated Hong Chung by a 3-6 6-4 6-4 to win against Chung his 10 th Davis Cup Singles win.
- happened before Yong-Kyu Limprevented a Korean whitewash with a gritty win over Ramkumar Ramanathan in the Davis Cup Asia\Oceania Group I tie.
- Bopannalast played a singles match in the Davis Cup back in 2012 when he won the dead fifth rubber against Uzbekistan’s Sarvar Ikramov.