| [Download not found] |
Child Labour Tracking System (CLTS) in Bihar
- Special commission to protect against the Child labour named as Child Labour Tracking System.
- Amount of 25,000 /-for safeguarded children from Chief Minister’s Relief Fund.
- Principle ‘Charter of Demands’for the prevention of children from the Child Employment.
Sikkim becomes India’s first State to launch open government data portal.
- Purpose:Updating data regarding Organic and agricultural and other activities in the portal
- Developed by:Information Technology Department, Government of Sikkim, National Informatics Centre (NIC) team
Business and Economy
Tata Power to acquire Welspun Renewables
- Tata PowerLtd late has agreed to acquire renewable energy company Welspun Renewables Energy Ltd.
- The acquisition is at an enterprise value of Rs. 9,249 crore.
- Welspun Renewables Energy has about 1,140 MW of renewable powerprojects comprising about 990 MW solar power projects and about 150 MW of wind power projects.
- Consolidated 1,140 mw renewableportfolio, nearly 1,000 MW of capacity is operational and balance 140 MW capacity is under advanced stages of implementation.
People in News
Vaithilingam elected as Speaker of Puducherry Assembly
- Congress leader and former Chief Minister Vaithilingam was elected unopposed as the Speaker of the14th Puducherry legislative Assembly
- He is the ninteenth Speaker of Puducherry Assembly.
- He is the son of former chief minister V. Venkata subbareddiar.
- He was chief minister between 1991-96 and 2008-2011.He presently represents Kamaraj Nagar constituency.
Satya Pal Jain appointed as Law Commission member
- former Parliamentarian Satya Pal Jainwas appointed as a part-time member of the 21st Law Commission of India.
- will also hold additional charge as an Additional Solicitor General of India.
- a noted constitution lawyer who has been the Dean of the Law Faculty of Panjab University and is a Member of the Punjab University Senatefor the last four decades.
Veteran theatre personality Achyut Lahkar passes away
- He hailed from Pathsala, Lahkar was well-known for Nataraj Theatrein 1963 and gave a rebirth to moving theatre in Assam.
- he was also a producer, writer, director of his theatre company,
- Lahkar toured across Assam and many other states to perform plays in his four decades long career.
- He also published and edited a magazine ‘Deepawali’and was conferred the Kamal Kumari National Award in 1997.
- Famous Dramas that he appeared include -Black Money, Usha, Sankardev and Doctor Babu.
Saina clinches second Australian Open title
- Indian Badminton StarSaina Nehwal clinchéd her second Australian Open title
- she notched up the win in final against Sun Yu of China at Australian Open Super Series badminton tournament in Sydney.
- Badminton Association of India (BAI) pronounced a reward of Rs. 10 lakh for Saina Nehwal for winning the Australian Open Super Series.
|Men’s Singles||HansKristianVittinghus (Denmark)||JeonHyeok-jin(South Korea)|
|Women’s Singles :||SainaNehwal (India)||Sun Yu (China)|
|Men’s Doubles||Markus Fernaldi Gideon (Indonesia) and Kevin SanjayaSukamuljo (Indonesia)||AnggaPratama / Ricky KarandaSuwardi(Indonesia)|
|Women’s Doubles||BaoYixin (China) and Chen Qingchen (China)||NityaKrishindaMaheswari / GreysiaPolii(Indonesia)|
|Mixed Doubles||Lu Kai (China) and Huang Yaqiong (China)||ZhengSiwei / Chen Qingchen(China)|
Usain Bolt win the 100m in 9.88 seconds at Racers Grand Prix 2016
- Jamaican Sprinter Usain Boltwon the 100m in 9.88sec,
- the second-fastest time in the world
- Three time Olympic champion measured as the world’s fastest man, won ahead of Nickel Ashmeade (9.94s) and his Racers Track Club team-mate Yohan Blakewho clocked 9.94s in a positive 1.0 meters per second wind speed.