| [Download not found] |
200 Km Long bicycle highway from Agra to the Lion Safari in Etawah
- to promote Eco-Tourism in the surroundings of the Taj Mahal
- Highway will not pass along the Agra-Etawah main road but it will surround the various historical and tourism spots
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Bill 2016
- Rajya Sabha has passed the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016
- Biggest economic reform that will make easier to do business.
- Bill is to promote entrepreneurship, availability of credit as it is comprehensive and systemic reform, which will give a quantum leap to the functioning of the credit market.
MoU with NDTV Ethnic Retail Ltd. to popularize India Handloom products
- Textile Ministry has signed a pact with NDTV Ethnic Retail Ltd for popularizing India Handloom textiles as a fashionable product for youth
- Joint iniative is to endorse and launch a NDTV’s Project Indianroots Fashion Accelerator, that seeks support of fresh talent and to support new and innovative ventures in fashion industry.
The Indian Trusts (Amendment) Bill passed
- Amended Indian Trusts bill removes certain outdated clauses from the Indian Trusts Act.
- Bill outlines the manner in which surplus funds of the trust may be invested for future use of the trust and regulates the functioning of private trusts and trustees
- The Rajya Sabha has set a record of passing five bills in just few hours
3-day International Vichaar Mahakumbh begins in Ujjain, MP
- Move is to discover the solutions to various national and global problems from the perspective of traditional values of life.
- 3,500 guests including heads of religious faiths and saints are expected to attend the conference.
- Conference will hold dialogues on various aspects of human welfare like Values, Religion, Spirituality, Environment, Science and Women’s Empowerment.
BHU completes its 100 years of existence
- Worldwide reputed temple of learning was established by Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya in 1916.
- Two campuses. University’s main campus spread over 1,300 acres in Varanasi While the second campus South campus, spread over 2,700 acres about 60 km from Banaras.
- University is one of the largest residential universities in Asia with over 20,000 students.
Four out of top 5 world’s most polluted cities in India
- 4 most polluted cities out of top 5 – Gwalior, Allahabad, Patna, Raipur
- The dirtiest air was recorded at Zabol in Iran.
- Delhi ranks 9th in the world.
Kenya to close World’s biggest refugee camp in Dadaab
- Has over 330,000 refugees mostly Somali refugees, and send them back home or on to other countries.
- Government citing that fighters used the camp as a base for smuggling weapons.
- Decision has been condemned by domestic and international rights groups and organizations dealing with refugee’s crisis.
US adopts the bison as its national mammal
- The bald eagle will continue to enjoy the position of the national animal of the US.
- bison will be a symbol for America’s heritage, stated that the animal’s history is integrally linked with the economic and spiritual lives of many Indian tribes
Business and Economy
FPL ties up with Nokero to launch off grid solar products
- FPL has partnered with America based Nokero Solar Equipment maker to launch off-grid solar products and soon plans to manufacture in India.
- FPL currently makes engineering plastics while Nokero makes solar lights, phone chargers and is a specialist in solar energy-related products.
ICICI launches country’s 1st contactless credit card for SMEs
- Country’s first ‘contactless’ credit cards for small and mid-sized enterprises and their employees.
- Will help customers to save on their business expenses.
- First bank globally to offer a dual advantage reward program on the expenses and repayments of the credit card.
People in News
Shashank Manohar elected unopposed as ICC’s chairman
- Has been elected unanimously as the first Independent chairman of the International Cricket Council.
- Mr Manohar contested as sole nominee for the position and the Board unanimously selected as ICC chairman.
New Chief Justices in Tripura, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan
Judge Name Appointed Court Transferred from
Tinlianthang Vaiphei Tripura High Court Guwahati High Court
Deepak Kumar Gupta Chhattisgarh High Court Tripura High Court
Justice Navin Sinha Rajasthan High Court Chhattisgarh High Court
Ved Prakash Vaish Meghalaya High Court Delhi High Court
Satish Kumar Agnihotri Sikkim High Court Madras High Court
Rahman joins Olympic Goodwill Ambassadors’ list
- Goodwill Ambassador of the Indian Olympic contingent joining the earlier appointed ambassadors list.
West Indies cricket commentator Tony Cozier passes away
- Tony Cozier died at the age of 75 following a long illness.
- He voiced many series of West Indies in his five decade career from 1962 of the most respected cricket writer, broadcaster and historian to have come out of the region.
- MCC awarded Cozier life membership for his services to the game in 2011.
Congress Rajya Sabha MP Praveen Rashtrapal passes away
- Praveen Rashtrapal died after suffering a massive heart attack. He is 76.
- On behalf his demise the Rajya Sabhaproceedings were adjourned for the day
- Member of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2G scamin the previous Lok Sabha.
- An Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax before he took politics career.
Indian American Revathi Balakrishnan named 2016 Texas Elementary Teacher of the Year
- Honored by US President Barack Obama for her contribution work in the Education.
- Taught Family consumer science at Brady High School in Brady ISD for seven years
Priyanka Chopra bags a slot in 10 Millennial Leaders Around the Globe list
- Recently named in the list of 10 Millennial Leaders around the Globe.
- According to a 2015 study Ninety-one percent of millennials are leaders.
- Other celebrities who have made the list include Malala Yousafzai, Kim Jong Un, Mark Zuckerberg, Prince William, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Rafael Nadal, Sonita Alizadeh and Mhairi Black.
Indian Wrestlers bag Rio Olympic berths
|Ravinder Khatri||85 kg||Men’s Greco-Roman|
|Hardeep Singh||98 kg||Men’s Greco-Roman|
|Babita Kumari||53 kg||Women’s freestyle|
|Vinesh Phogat||48 kg||Women’s freestyle|
|Sakshi Malik||58 Kg||Women’s freestyle|
|Sandeep Tomar||57 kg||Men’s freestyle|
|Yogeshwar Dutt||65 kg||Men’s freestyle|
|Narsingh Yadav||74 kg||Men’s freestyle|
England women’s captain Edwards retires
- England women’s Cricket captain Charlotte Edwards announced retirement from international cricket
- She is 36-year-old led her country to win in the Ashes, also winning a world-record 309 caps and scoring over 10,000 runs across the formats.
- Edwards named the International Cricket Council’s Women’s Player of the Year in 2008 and in 2014 was selected as a Wisden Cricketer of the Year.
Stephen Curry named NBA’s Most Valuable Player
- Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry was named the NBA’s Most Valuable Player for the second straight year
- 11th person to winconsecutive MVP awards.
- the first unanimous Winnerin the award’s 61-year history after a record-breaking contribution to his side.