| [Download not found] |
India, Maldives sign six agreements
- Signed 6 agreements in the fields of defense, tourism, taxation, space research, and conservation of mosques.
2% employment for meritorious sports persons in Jarkhand
- 2% job quota for medal-winning sports persons was provided only in state police department.
- Now it is applicable in all departments.
First transgender person in Tamil Nadu to contest in the assembly elections
- Devi from Salem is the first transgender person in Tamil Nadu to contest the assembly elections.
- Will be contesting on behalf of the Tamil party, NaamTamilarKatchi.
- She will face AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa in the RK Nagar constituency in Chennai.
CCRH has signed two MOUs with Canada and Armenia
- MOUs between CCRH and College of Homeopaths of Ontario, Canada and another between CCRH and Yerevan State Medical University, Armenia,
- were signed during two day International Convention on World Homoeopathy Day
- several presentations on clinical research including latest research updates, and role of Homoeopathy in malaria, dengue, natural disasters, brain injuries, chronic ear infection, sciatica were presented at the event
Pakistan, China launch joint air force training exercise
- These exercises and exchanges between Chinese and Pakistani air forces has deepened cooperation between both the sides.
- The fifth such edition between the two countries.
Business and Economy
Polaris Ties up with Snapdeal to sell ATVs
- Has listed 18 models of the off-road vehicles, ranging from Outlaw 50 at Rs. 2.86 lakh to RZR XP Turbo at Rs. 28 lakh.
- Customers have to pay a 3,000 non-refundable booking amount and can book the Polaris of their choice.
Environment and Ecology
Endangered bird spoon-billed sandpiper spotted in China
- Spotted in tropical island of China’s Hainan area
- Fewer than 200 spoon-billed sandpipers living in the wild due to environmental degradation
- Listed as critically endangered by the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
- The first time it was spotted on the island was in
People in News
Ex-Chhattisgarh HC Judge N K Agarwal to be Haryana’s next Lokayukta
- He succeeds Justice Pritam Pal .
- NK Aggarwal was recommended by a committee and has been approved by Governor
Virat Kohli as brand ambassador of Premier Futsal
- Futsal league was launched in Mumbai last week in the presence of the founding team and FAI representative
- 50 International Futsalers from four Continents and 21 countries
Ukraine Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk resigns
- Arseniy Yatsenyuk announced his resignation two months after he survived a no-confidence vote in parliament.
- Yatsenyuk served in the government of Ukraine as Minister of Economy from 2005 to 2006.
Former Union MoS Dr C Silvera passes away
- Only leader from Mizoram to be in the union council of ministers.
- Elected to Rajya Sabha in 1985 and to ninth, tenth and eleventh Lok Sabha.
- Inducted as union minister of state for health and family welfare and was allotted to the industry portfolio
Khadija Ismayilova to receive UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize
- In recognition of her outstanding contribution to press freedom in difficult circumstances.
- Prize will be awarded during the celebration of World Press Freedom Day on 3rd May 2016 hosted in Finland.
Priyanka Chopra to be conferred with Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award 2016
- This will be her second award from the Foundation
- She received her first one for Most Memorable Performance in 2011 for her role in Vishal Bhardwaj’s
Varanasi Kathak dancer breaks world record
- Soni Chaurasiya is a Kathak dancer from Varanasi
- Has broken the world record of longest dance performance by continuously dancing for 123 hours and 30 minutes.
- No official from the Guinness World Records attended the performance.
IIT-Kharagpur wins top award for patents
- National IP Award carries an amount of Rs 1,00,000, a citation and a memento.
- Award will be given on April 26 in Delhi at a function jointly organized for the celebration of World IP Day by the Indian Intellectual Property office.
Lee Chong Wei wins Malaysian Open
- Malaysian Open Badminton Lee Chong Wei defeated world No.1 shuttler Chen Long of China
Danny Willett, first Briton to win US Masters golf 2016
- First Briton to claim US Master’s title under his belt which is to become the first British victory in 20 years.
- He is one of the golf’s rising stars,
- He climbed from outside the top 100 to inside the top 10 in less than two years.