- Daari (Democratic Ambassador for All India Rural Integrity) a Mangalore based group pioneered the ‘kiri kiri horata’ (struggle of irritation) in Machina, amid the hills of Belthangady taluk, where there was no power supply for the 120 odd families.
- They decided to vent their grievances with Government officials & Ministers than among themselves, through constant messaging & calling after obtaining their contact details via internet.
- They kept sending messages asking questions like, “Is there power in your house? There is none in mine. Is it right for you to have power funded by my tax while I toil in darkness?” Each official received more than 500 messages everyday, apart from calls to residential & mobile numbers.
- The same officials who had been indifferent earlier were forced to act in less than 4 days & set things right.
- Alternative modes for Grievance Redressal
- Social Innovation