- As per report by data security solutions provider Symantec:
- 5.1% of all malicious cyber activities worldwide originate it India, making it the top third country which is a key threat frontier. It is also the spam capital of the world.
- At the top is US, followed by China, India, Netherlands, Germany, Russia, UK and Brazil in the order.
- Cybercriminals target newer industries, especially the ones that are related to larger companies by means of phishing and virus-bearing emails. 69% of the attacks were carried out against larger companies despite significant upgrade of security measure.
- Most of the attacks were carried out on non-traditional service industries (hospitality, personal services, business etc), followed by manufacturing industries, finance and insurance.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-business/big-firms-target-of-cyber-criminals/article5974370.ece