Consuming Unsafe food leads to Food Poisoning
- To check unsafe foods reaching the market there is an act named Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, but its implementation has been on papers rather than food outlets.
- “Adulteration of food items” is in the concurrent list of the constitution.
- Consuming unsafe food leads to food poisoning-which is caused by a bacterium known as salmonella.
- Adulteration of fruits is done by artificially ripening fruits, where they use calcium carbide.
- Calcium carbide releases acetylene-which causes neural breakdown and reduces supply to the brain.
- In long term it also causes renal failure and cancer.
- Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006
- Concurrent list
- Health Hazards of Food Poisoning