- Constitutional amendment would not be required for passing the Telangana Bill under the Article 3.
- However, the constitutional amendment will come into the picture after the bifurcation of the states. It will have to be done in order to ensure that both the states come under the protection of Article 371 D and E.
- Article 371 D at present gives the provisions for equal opportunities in employment and education to those living in Hyderabad. Hence, the protection of the act has to be extended to the newly formed states too.
- Earlier G.E. Vahanvati, the Attorney-General has suggested that the center should firstly amend the Article 371 D and E of the Constitution, in accordance with Article 368 of the Constitution, in order to facilitate the benefits to both the states.
- Reorganisation of states
- Article 3
- Article 368
- Article 371 D & Article 371 E