- Standard gauge rail construction linking Nairobi Mambasa by China connects the Eastern Africa with Indian Ocean making it strategically important and eventually linking capitals of Uganda, Rwanda and S.Sudan.
- China also developing airports, railroads and highways.
- Developing 12 deep sea ports along coastline of Gabon, Ghana, Senegal and Tunisia.
- Serves to transport raw materials from Africa to Asia and finished goods to Africa.
- Thailand’s Kyaukphyu port development serves china to bypass Malacca strait in transportation and also helps export Thai’s rice to Africa.