We want a peaceful neighborhood: Chinese PM
- China’s Premier Li Keqiang mentioned that his government wants unity & friendliness with neighbouring countries than territorial disputes.
- China’s has an “unshakeable will” and “an unwavering commitment” in safeguarding its territory & sovereignty.
- Mutual understanding among neighbours can strengthen their integrity and maintain harmony.
- China is involved in boundary disputes with India, Japan (over disputed East China Sea islands) & other countries over South China sea.
- China has signed a border defence cooperation agreement (BDCA) with India to formalize & expand confidence building measures in order to solve border disputes amicably. This was reflected when Chinese PM visited India on taking charge & inturn hosted Indian PM last October.
- India China Bilateral Relations
- Border Defence Cooperation Agreement (BDCA)
- South China Sea