No compromise on territory: China
- China’s territorial and maritime disputes are growing with neighboring nations and China is not ready to compromise on the two principle of history and territory.
- Chinese Foreign Minister said that China will not compromise with Japan and also not accept unreasonable demands by smaller neighbours in Southeast Asia.
- Japan claims Senkaku islands, referred to as Diaoyu by China, off East China Sea, is the bone of contention.
- China and Japan’s rivalry is similar to that of Germany and Britain before world war I, which means their differences could overthrow their trade ties.
- Germany can be cited as post-World War II role model, instead of considering it as before WW I.
- China wants to stake claims to islands in South China Sea that are also claimed by other Southeast Asian nations like Vietnam, Philippines & Malaysia.
- China’s administration wants to bring about negotiations through peaceful means, with its smaller neighbours, respecting historical facts and international law.
- South China Sea
- World War I & II
- China Japan bilateral relations