China Hikes Defence Budget By 12.2 Per Cent
- China’s military budget set to cross $130 billion with 12.2 % increase.
- It has justified the hike by saying that it has faced high security concerns in recent times as it has many territorial and maritime disputes with neighbours.
- China is the second country to spend more on defence in the world after US-which spends nearly $600 billion.
- Meanwhile China has also built a railway line from Qinghai to Shigatse which is near Nepal border –to mobilise its resources easily to Tibet.
- India spends nearly $36.2 billion on its defence budget-which is very less compared to China.
- Security Concerns in Asia
- South-China sea dispute
- Infrastructure development