- 6th round of Indo-China strategic dialogue begins on opening Indian consulates especially in Lhasa, Tibet. China is apprehensive.
- China against granting India more diplomatic presence in Lhasa. Nepal is present, US yet to get permission. India mum on issue.
- India may not press for setting up Lhasa consulate for some time. Keen on Chengdu, Sichuan on Tibet border. Two are IT hubs.
- India also keeps options open for Kunming and Yunnan province
- India China Bilateral Relations
- Indo-China Strategic Dialogue