- The number of Japanese firms operating in India stands at 2,542 revealing that there has been a 41% increase in their numbers.
- Many of these are being set up in South India, particularly Tamil Nadu where there are 532 Japanese firms, followed by Delhi/Haryana 500, Maharashtra 397, Karnataka 299 and Andhra Pradesh 229.
- This is attributed to the growing number insurance and logistics firms. The preference for South India is due to the availability of logistics support and the proximity to Chennai and Krishnarajapatnam Port.
- Demands are being raised for the inclusion of Nellore in the Chennai-Bangalore Industrial Corridor to help all the growing regions.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-business/chennai-andhra-come-under-japanese-investors-radar/article6042891.ece