- BJP-led NDA government completes its first month,Ravi Shankar Prasad (Law and Justice Minister) said his Ministry was working towards meeting Prime Minister Modi’s commitment to provide a single window clearance for projects which would help foreign investors freely invest in India.
- Mr. Prasad(Telecom Minister) mentioned that earlier one had to obtain 20 odd clearances for a project affecting investment climate.This will be examined by Law Commission to look into rationality of excessive clearances.
- The Commission will submit a report in Confederation of Indian Industry, with suggestions like:
- Creating a more enabling business atmosphere
- How many mandatory clearances needed for a project
- Whether the government can have a process of self-certification from the project proponents and
- A rider that in the event of violation there will be serious punishment.
- Read at:http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/centre-to- simplify-laws-for-single- window-clearance/ article6146953.ece
- Single window Clearanc
- Good Governance