- Domestic Workers’ Rights Union has launched a campaign to demand a review of national laws in accordance with the convention
- The convention was adopted in 2011 by the ILO to establish the first global standards for the estimated 50 to 100 million domestic workers the world over.
- Since the domestic workers are essential in their work the union is reaching out to people regarding this issue
- Registration of domestic workers is very important to offer them protection or for the women to assert their rights.
- The ILO convention promises “decent work” in terms of minimum wage, rest hours, working conditions and social security.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-karnataka/campaign-to-urge-centre-to-ratify-ilo-convention-on-decent-work/article6093768.ece
- International Labour Organization’s (ILO)
- Domestic Work
- Minimum Wages