- National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources (NBAGR) sets breed standards for Rajapalayam and Chippiparai dog species.
- Dog species are local hound types and are from Tamil Nadu, Kombai, Kanni breeds likely to get a status from NBAGR
- Phenotypic characterisation of dog breeds being studied for preparing a pro forma of Indian dogs
- Dog’s coat, skin colour, height, weight, eye colour, face shape, ear, muzzle length, snout, tail, length of limbs comprise Phenotypic traits.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/breeding-standards-coming-for-native-hounds-rajapalayam-and-chippiparai/article6003122.ece