Let us be argumentative, not intolerant, says Pranab
- According to the President of India, Mr. Pranab Mukherjee, the book fairs should be organized in such a way that they should remind people our rich traditions and history. They should be encouraging to the challenging Indians, and not for the intolerant Indians. In India, several philosophies have co-existed with each other in a peaceful manner.
- The international book fair can be a great manifestation of India’s democratic, liberal, multi-cultural, multi-lingual and secular society where competing ideologies have equivalent space.
- He further states that people in India should use every possible way to protect, preserve, promote and cherish these ideals.
- There are multiple sources of inspiration to every Indian. According Mr. Mukherjee, the greatest strength of India is in the pluralism and cultural, social, religious and linguistic diversity. With that strength, every Indian should be stubborn in rejecting prejudice, intolerance, and hatred.
- Unity in diversity
- Mutual tolerance towards religion, caste, creed, sex, etc