- Senior BJP leader, Arun Jaitley has assured complete support of their party to the Telangana Bill, in spite of it being defective under the existing constitution.
- He also suggested constitutional amendments on 2 things to legally strengthen the Telangana Bill.
- Firstly, the amendment has to be done for empowering the governor to make decisions on law and order issues.
- Secondly, the amendment has to be carried out for allowing 2 states to have a single capital.
- Under the existing constitution, there are no provisions related to addressing these two issues, which makes the bill legally incorrect.
- State Reorganisation Committee
- Small states versus bigger states, viability ?
- Constitutional procedure for creation of states