- The bid for City Gas Distribution Project was extended for the 3rd time following requests from various prospective bidders such as GAIL, ONGC, BPCL etc.
- The State govt is however undeterred in its efforts of taking on-board its venture GAIL India Ltd., a pvt partner. While looking for a partner willing to take 50% stake, it is ready to register a company in which which KSIIDC and GAIL India Ltd. will split the remaining 50 per cent equity.
- CGD is listed among the 75 projects involving an investment of over Rs. 30,000 crore which offers great potential on public-private partnership mode.
- It involves supplying natural gas from Dabhol-Bangalore pipeline to households and automobiles involves creating a grid and associated facilities.
- The other projects include devp of a road network, a sea port and creating additional facilities at airports such as a runway in Kempegowda International Airport.
- Read at:http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/gas-distribution-project-may-take-longer/article6184006.ece