- Emboldened by the Supreme Court order that it is free to take any steps against the RCA as per its by-laws, the BCCI suspended Rajasthan Cricket Academy (RCA) within an hour of it appointing Lalit Modi as its President.
- RCA has decided to move the court on the grounds that Modi was allowed to contest as per Sports Act Law which supersedes all of BCCI’s laws.
- BCCI had constituted an ad-hoc body to look after the players’ interests which RCA claims the BCCI has no right to without following proper procedures.
- It also said that while BCCI has the right to suspend individuals, it does not have the rights to suspend an institution.
- Officials feel that Srinivasan is still calling the shots at BCCI as they suspect him to be behind this move.
- Read at: http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOIM/2014/05/07&PageLabel=27&EntityId=Ar02700&ViewMode=HTML