- India has not been able to honor the commitment to the river water pact and realignment of land boundaries, because of the unrest caused in these areas by the critical forces.
- Now, Bangladesh has proposed for extended political exchanges, for closing the gaps that has been created between the two countries.
- The Bangladeshi Speaker has expressed her keenness on improving the parliamentary collaboration, in order to make the Parliaments work as the catalyst institutions.
- Furthermore, she is keen to set up the India-Bangladesh Parliamentary Friendship Group to enhance the interaction between the two Parliaments. She has also proposed institutional mechanisms like the Parliamentary Joint Working Group, in order to handle significant issues.
- India Bangladesh relations
- India-Bangladesh Parliamentary Friendship Group