- Automatic lighting systems at a few stations under Delhi division of northern railways help conservation of power.
- In platforms with sensors, once the train leaves the stations 70 % of lights automatically switch off.
- This means slashing of power consumption by 50 % in each platform
- New Delhi, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Delhi Cantonment, Sabzi Mandi railway stations, Panipat, Kurukshetra, Meerut City stations have the system
- Per system cost comes to Rs.90,000- Rs.95,000 per platform, as per railway officials
- Smart Systems
- Railway Modernisation