- According to Delhi police at 57 traffic signals and identified 35 more traffic intersections for installation to facilitate the visually impaired
- The police also informed the, where there are continuous flow of traffic, 22 pelican traffic signals and 36 pedestrian traffic signals are functional for crossing the roads safely.
- The petition has sought directions from the Court to make the Capital’s roads friendly for visually and hearing-impaired pedestrians as they are affected the most
- The petitioner rued that the government authorities had taken no action despite The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995, mandating it to provide these facilities to the differently-abled.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-newdelhi/auditory-devices-installed-at-57-traffic-signals-police/article6096201.ece
- Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995
- Government Measures towards Disabled
- Technology based traffic enforcement