Now online images of Indian heritage sites to woo tourists
- Now, people across the globe will be able to virtually discover some of the iconic Indian world heritage sites like Qutub Minar, Taj Mahal, Red Fort and Humayun’s Tomb, along with some other monuments of Islamic and Persian architecture.
- The written text and high resolution pictures will speak all about these monuments, and explain how they turned into national treasures, and also about their significance in modern times. The main objective is to persuade potential foreign tourists to visit India.
- ASI and Google are working with mutual cooperation to create an immersive, dynamic online experience, with which people around the world and within the country can understand India’s diverse cultural heritage more deeply.
- Today, it is essential for schools to teach about our cultural heritage, so that our students know more abut the rich Indian culture.
- This move will bring about awareness among students, and they will understand the importance of protecting important monuments. As of now, the 360-degree online images of about 30 heritage sites are available on net. This will certainly give a boost to tourism in India.
- ASI & Google partnership on bringing heritage sites online