Southeast Asian Works of Art for auction in NY early this month
- Yoshitomo Tamashige a Japanese collector is exhibiting his collection of Tibetan, Indian, Himalayan and Southeast Asian art works.
- The auction includes over 45 Thangkas, rare bronzes, sculptures and ritual objects
- “Gems of Thangka Art” and “The World of Mandala” exhibitions were conducted in the past
- These artefacts ranges from $40,000 upto $4,50,000
- Leading the sale are works from :
- An epic thangka depicting a King, possibly Tri Ralpachen, and of early Buddhism in Tibet from the 18th century
- Very fine gilt copper alloy figure Depicting Tara from the Yongle period (1403-1424)
- Rare copper alloy figure depicting Bodhisattva Manjushri, the oldest and most significant bodhisattva in Mahayana Buddhist literature.
- Buddhist Art & Culture