- Army Chief Bikram Singh met the Chief of General Staff of the PLA,General Fan Changlong(seniormost ranking PLA officer),one of two Vice Chairmen on the Central Military Commission headed by President Xi Jinping.
- His visit to China was to:
- Advance military-to-military ties by strengthening strategic mutual trust, practical cooperation as both countries are capable of dealing with historical problems.
- Reviewing implementation of last year’s Border Defence Cooperation Agreement (BDCA).
- Aiming at expanding communication and formalising patrolling rules along the border.
- His visit was hailed as as positive signal by the People’s Liberation Army’s (PLA) top officials.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-international/ army-chiefs-china-visit-seen- as-positive-signal/ article6175845.ece
- Border Defence Cooperation Agreement (BDCA)
- India China Bilateral Relations