- During the 16-week workshop on “urban subcultures in India”, organised by Swissnex India, Catherine Tran and Vatsal Upadhyay have constructed a washroom using empty bottles.
- A residential complex in Kammanahalli were not convinced with this but when the wall was constructed, using the bottles and cement for reinforcement, the project was accepted.
- The team discarded bottles to create a façade for the washroom and a method to rid heaps of dry leaves on the ground
- While one team created furniture filled with discarded water bottles, another transformed an empty space in a government school in Pottery Towninto a place with benches and awnings using discarded rubber tyres and advertisement hoardings
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-karnataka/architecture-students-innovate-use-bottles-in-wall/article6077139.ece