- WHO terms antibiotic resistance a serious threat to health of people across the world.
- Technically termed Antimicrobial resistance (AMR), this renders drugs ineffective against microorganisms.
- India’s case antibiotics intake maximum
- From 6.3 lakh cases in 2011 there are now 12 million cases of multi-drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB)
- WHO says world may be back to times when common infections and minor injuries would once again be untreatable.
- Antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
- Multi-Drug Resistant Tuberculosis (MDR-TB)