- Assam govt seeks partial lifting of ban on vehicular movement inside Kaziranga National Park by National Green Tribunal.
- Argues if traffic is not allowed via park it could lead to huge traffic jams on roads along park border, hit environment, wildlife protection.
- NGT ban imposed on March 20 to ensure safe passage for animals across road to other areas in park for 5 hrs daily
- Govt ready to provide escorts for traffic and deploy officers at places along road, frequently crossed by animals during monsoon.
- Kaziranga National Park
- National Green Tribunal (NGT)
- Wildlife Corridors
- Wildlife Protection Act