- After its Emergency Working Committee meeting, BCCI decided to submit the names of RK Raghavan, a former CBI director, JN Patel, a former chief justice of the Calcutta High Court and Ravi Shastri, former India cricketer-turned TV commentator, to the Supreme Court for approval, all of which have now faced opposition from various members.
- Shastri because he is under a financial contract under the BCCI,
- Raghavan since he is a voting member of the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) of which N Srinivasan is the president.
- Justice Patel owing to his close ties with the interim president Shivlal Yadav.
- The onus now lies on the SC which will study the names suggested before issuing directives.
- Earlier, the apex court had passed several strictures on the contentious issue of conflict of interest in the BCCI, including that involving India Cements boss Srinivasan and the Chennai Super Kings -IPL's Chennai franchise that is wholly owned by the cement giant.
- Read at: http://www.google.com/url?q=
http%3A%2F%2Fepaperbeta. timesofindia.com%2FArticle. aspx%3Feid%3D31806% 26articlexml%3DAll-eyes-on- Supreme-Court-as-BCCI-sweats- 22042014015055&sa=D&sntz=1& usg=AFQjCNHsjxRuV_ SNdBaDhFJ1Jcvq-NnNPg