- US Department of State has clarified it has no intention to transfer EDA from Afghanistan to any of its neighbouring countries, including Pakistan.
- EDA or Excess Defence Articles, including Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles were reported to be transferred to Pakistan earlier.
- Pakistan paper Dawn quoted Pakistan Defence Secretary Asif Yasin Malik as saying that Pakistan would be receiving the United States’ leftover military hardware.
- Afghanistan witnessed over Pak receiving EDA after US withdrawal of forces.
- A number of countries, including Pakistan, routinely request EDA through the worldwide EDA programme.
- US maintains that excess EDA can be made available through the worldwide EDA programme to eligible countries, including Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- United States is reviewing Pakistan’s request for EDA sourced from the worldwide available EDA pool and it has not refused Pakistan’s request.
- Excess Defence Articles (EDA)
- USA Pakistan Bilateral Relations