Now, You Can Adopt Tourism Destinations And Monuments
- For the very first time in India, the Govt of Karnataka has proposed that it will allow you adopt tourism destinations and monuments of the state.
- In the first phase of adoption, the state govt will give about 45 to 50 tourism destinations out of total 319 destinations in the Karnataka. The monuments and tourist places can be adopted for only five years.
- Furthermore, the state’s Tourism Department is also looking to involve the corporate companies in the maintenance and development of these destinations.
- Some of these tourist places are quite famous and have the necessary facilities, whereas many other places have facilities but are not maintained at all. At few places, there is no facility available at all.
- With the help of this programme, the monuments and destinations can be maintained properly. It will offer a great experience to the visitors as well. It will also give a platform for the corporate firms to partake through foundations or directly.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India
- Archaeological Survey of India (ASI)