- According Section 110 of the proposed bill, the bill did not address discrimination against disabled people which is inherent in other existing laws, which is a violation of UN convention.
- According to UN the state is under obligation to take appropriate measures to modify or abolish laws, regulations, customs , practices constituting discrimination.
- According Section 3(3), the term ‘proportionate means’ and ‘legitimate aims’ are very subjective and discriminating. as they do not grant unconditional right to equality and non discrimination, on par with others.
- According to UN the state is obliged to address multiple discrimination of disabled woman but Section 3(2) only provides protection but not empowerment.
- The act fails to empower the disabled politically. Presently some laws and executive order disallow such persons from contesting elections.
- Provisions of Disability Rights Bill.
- Deen Dayal disabled Rehabilitation Scheme.
- Constitutional Status of Disabled.