- Finance, Defence minister Arun Jaitley asked by senior military officers to fine tune defence procurement mechanism
- Naresh Chandra panel on defence reforms, 2011, suggests stints bureaucrats at military service headquarters before being sent to work at defence ministry
- Panel also suggests steps to curb graft in procurement, panel suggestions yet to be implemented.
- Currently, bureaucrats who cant distinguish between a frigate & a destroyer take critical procurement decisions.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/a-need-for-defence-bureaucracy-reforms/article6093674.ece
- Current Defence Procurement Mechanism
- Naresh Chandra panel on defence reforms
- Corruption in Defence