7th Central Pay Commission
- Government from time to time constitutes “Pay Commissions” to examine, review, evolve and recommend changes to the principles that should govern emoluments and allowances or any other benefits to central government employees.
- The following categories of employees are considered for the purpose are:
- Central Government employees-industrial and non-industrial;
- Personnel belonging to the All India Services;
- Personnel of the Union Territories;
- Officers and employees of the Indian Audit and Accounts Department;
- Members of regulatory bodies (excluding the Reserve Bank of India) set up under Acts of Parliament; and
- Officers and employees of the Supreme Court.
- The Commission will make its recommendations within 18 months of the date of its constitution. It may consider, if necessary, sending interim reports on any of the matters as and when the recommendations are finalised.
- Pay Commission