6.3 Developmental projects and their impact on tribal displacement and problems of rehabilitation.
- Development of forest policy and tribals.
- Impact of urbanization and industrialization on tribal populations.
* Indicate the main thrust of anthropological studies on development induced displacement and rehabilitation. Suggest a worthwhile rehabilitation package for displaced tribal’s to retain their sense of community belonging. (L.Q -2001)
* Discuss the problem of tribal displacement in India. To what extent are development policies responsible for such displacement? Also explain the role of NGOs in providing the remedial measures to the affected people. (LQ – 1999)
* Point out the favorable and detrimental impacts of industrialization on rural population living in the vicinity areas. What are your Proposals for achieving a balance without harmful effects? (L.Q – 1993)