5.1 Indian Village:
- Significance of village study in India;
- Indian village as a social system;
- Traditional and changing patterns of settlement and inter-caste relations;
- Agrarian relations in Indian villages;
- Impact of globalization on Indian villages.
* Explain criteria for dominant caste. How far is this concept still crucial to our understanding of India’s villages after implementation of Reservation in democratic institutions? Discuss. (L.Q -2001)
* Village Studies are crucial to the understanding of Indian life and culture. Who were the pioneer anthropologists to undertake such Studies? Give a comprehensive Picture of any one of them. (L.Q – 1998)