- Russia and Europe reached a consensus over the format for peaceful resolution of the Ukraine crisis following a meeting between the Presidents of Russia and Switzerland.
- Accordingly, Russian president Vladimir Putin called on pro-Russian protesters to put off the referendum scheduled on May 11 to allow for development of conditions conducive for dialogue. Protesters’ leaders said they would consider the call.
- Russia also stressed on Ukraine calling off its anti-terrorist operations against the protesters and set up full fledged dialogues between parties on both sides.
- The 4 point peace program launched by Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), backed by Russia & mediated by Germany calls for: ceasefire, de-escalation of tension, launch of dialogues and elections in Ukraine.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/fourpoint-peace-plan-for-ukraine/article5987638.ece
- Ukraine Crisis
- Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
- 4 Point Peace Program