Breather For IPL: SC Rules RR, CSK Not Out
- After BCCI chief N Srinivasan was asked to step down till completion of probe into allegations relating to IPL-6, Supreme Court appointed two interim presidents: Sunil Gavaskar will ensure fair play in 2014 IPL (he was asked not to work as commentator & BCCI will compensate for the loss of such income) & Shivlal Yadav, seniormost BCCI vicepresident for general administration of BCCI.
- Betting & spot-fixing allegations made against Srinivasan who is also managing director of India Cements (owner of CSK team) & Meiyappan, his son-in-law, CSK team principal.
- Presently, there are 3 figure heads in Indian cricket, Srinivasan who is kept away from daily activities, interim presidents Shivlal Yadav and Sunil Gavaskar. There are doubts on retaining Srinivisan’s trusted aide Sundar Raman as IPL CEO.
- Srinivasan is scheduled to take over as ICC head in July and the interim order will not impede his functioning as chairman of International Cricket Council (ICC).
- Till the judgment is delivered, employees of India Cements Limited or its associate companies (except players or commentators) will not perform duties assigned by BCCI and interim president Gavaskar have power to appoint persons on whom he has confidence for work in connection with IPL 2014.
- Rahul Dravid a cricketer of unimpeachable integrity was also an employee of India Cements.
- Spot Fixing
- Conflict of Interest
- International Cricket Council (ICC)