Download : 29th April, 2017 – Current Affairs PDF
(Download older Current Affairs PDF’s here )
National Current Affairs
Kempegowda festival in Delhi
- The festival is organized by the Ndaprabhu Kempegowda foundation.
- This foundation is working towards popularizing the legendary King and his works.
Asia’s largest church inaugurated in Nagaland
- It is the largest church building in Asia, the Sumi Baptist Church Zunheboto.
- It stands tall at 1864.9 m above the sea level and measures 23, 73,476 Sq.ft.
- Its length is 203 feet breadth is 153 feet and height is 166 feet.
Australia to Import Indian Mangoes for first time
- Indian mangoes will be imported to Australia for the first time after protocols were revised to allow the Asian-grown fruit into the local economy.
- The fruit would be allowed into Australia as long as they were treated with irradiation before leaving India.
Haryana Ballabgarh is now Balramgarh
- The name Ballabgarh is a corruption of Balramgarh (the fort of Balram).
- Ballabhgarh is a town and a sub-district in Faridabad District of Haryana and is part of the National Capital Region (NCR).
India to host 18th World Road Meeting
- The theme of World Road Meeting is ‘Safe Roads and Smart Mobility: The Engines of Economic Growth’.
- It will be held after every 4 years. The 17th World Road Meeting (WRM 2013) was held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Joint operational doctrine for army, navy, air force unveiled
- A “joint doctrine” envisaging deeper operational synergies among the army, navy and air force was unveiled
- The three defense services will now follow a unified approach to deal with all possible security challenges including conventional and proxy wars.
People in News
Shah Rukh Khan honored at San Francisco Film Festival
- Bollywood Superstar Shah Rukh Khan was honored with a tribute at the 60th San Francisco International Film Festival(SFIFF) in USA
Mridul Gehlot elected as president of kabaddi federation
- Mridul Gehlot and Dinesh Patel elected unanimously president and general secretary of Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India (AKFI) in Jaipur.
Kasinathuni Viswanath conferred prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke award
- Renowned film director and actor Kasinathuni Viswanath will be conferred the Dadasaheb Phalke Award – India’s highest award in cinema.
Science & Technology
Portal and mobile app of RUSA
- Total 17 RUSA projects were launched digitally in April 2017.