Download : 25th March, 2017 – Current Affairs PDF
(Download older Current Affairs PDF’s here )
National Current Affairs
High level committee to examine working of CCIM, CCH and their governing legislation
- The high level Committee has been formed to examine the working of the regulatory bodies Central Council of Indian Medicine(CCIM) and Central Council of Homoeopathy(CCH)
- Both the council will be inspected by the new committee and will suggest suitable reforms.
5th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav in North East Region
- The Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM) is being organized to present rich diversity and uniqueness of Indian culture and to promote the cultural inter-linkages amongst the states to strengthen National integration.
- It also envisages reconnecting the new generation with Indian culture and bringing together the artists of other parts of the country to get known to the culture of North East
- About 5,000 artists from North East India and 2,000 artists from across the country will showcase India’s cultural heritage through performances, arts and cuisines.
International Current Affairs
Taiwan Signs MoU to Build Home Grown Submarines
- An MoU has been signed for the project between the navy, Taiwanese shipbuilder CSBC Corporation and the National Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology, which develops combat system integration.
- The project is a part of the island’s indigenous defence policyand the delivery of the submarine is expected to take eight years and deployed within 10 years.
Business & Economy
Russian VTB Bank to Shut Its Only Office Branch in India
- Russian VTB Bank has announced its intention to close its only office in India as part of its ongoing cost optimisation strategy.
- The bank will continue operations in the country and further develop their partner and client network in the country.
- VTB Bank was launched in India in New Delhiin April 2008. The branch holds an Indian banking licence for transactions in national and foreign currencies.
- The Delhi branch focused on trade financing, foreign exchange transactions, corporate lending, settlement and cash services, and opening Rouble accounts for Russian tax residents operating in India.
IOB to get Rs.1,100-crore capital infusion
- Chennai-based Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) will get Rs 1,100 crore capital infusion from the Government
- This was approved after the bank achieved the parameters set by the government as part of a turn around-linked capital infusion plan.
- It was the second tranche of capital infusion in public sector banks to enhance their capital base while the first tranche was first announced in July, 2016.
Airtel enters definitive agreement to acquire Tikona Digital
- Bharti Airtel has signed an agreement with Mumbai based Internet service provider Tikona Digital Networks to acquire its 4G business in 5 circles
- The amount of the deal is approximately Rs 1,600 crorebut the amount of acquisition is not disclosed and now it is moved for regulatory approvals.
- This acquisition will help Airtel to provide unmatched high-speed wireless broadband experience to customers
People in News
Liverpool great Ronnie Moran dies, aged 83
- Former Liverpool captain and coach Ronnie Moran was passed away at 83.
- He has appeared 379 times for Liverpool football club between 1952 and 1968.
- He served as a coach and caretaker manager during the early 1990s .During his period Liverpool won 11 league titles and four European Cups.
David Rockefeller, billionaire philanthropist, dies aged 101
- Billionaire philanthropist and former head of Chase Manhattan Corp, David Rockefeller has died at 101.
- David was the last in his generation of one most famously philanthropic families
Amitabh Bachchan Launches ‘ABC of Breast Health’ App
- The app is launched for both IOS and Android versions and is available in Apple and Google Play Store for free download.
- Aim: To educate the nation about every aspect of breast cancer and non-cancer breast health issues.
- The App has been conceived, created and designed by the Ushalakshmi Breast Cancer Foundation, Hyderabad.
Environment and Ecology
Mysterious Night Parrot Sighted in Western Australia for First Time in 100 Years
- It is the first verified sighting of the bird in WA for almost 100 years. The Night Parrot was green and yellow with black barred feathers
- The scientists hope that more such Night Parrot population live in those areas relatively undisturbed by human-caused habitat degradation or feral animals.
- The night parrot with scientific name Pezoporus occidentalis, is a small parrot endemic to the continent of Australia.
- It is well known as being one of the most elusive and mysterious birds in the world, with no known sightings of the bird between 1912 and 1979.